let's work it out

I was hesitant to share this, but what good would that do in documenting my story if I were not honest? 

Approximately 2016, I did not love myself very much; I was unhappy with various aspects of my life and began to make poor physical health decisions. Including beginning smoking cigarettes and other unhealthy habits regarding meal choices. Although I wrote on the blogs a few times, once on the first blog which was entitled "Getting Over vs. Going Through"  this post was so vague I hardly remember what I was getting over, well I do know what I was attempting to get over, but I barely recall what I was going through. After a few months of self-care and self-love I wrote an expression titled "The Moon, My Soul & Love: An Introduction"  by spending so much time and effort on my mental health due to the conditions I found myself with I had neglected by body and now I am reaping the outcome of that. Not as a punishment, but as a reality of what happens when a person has a poor dieting lifestyle in addition to poor exercise and lack of self-love.

It took a while to feel love, but I feel as if I am on the right track these days, learning and growing each day. So much so that for a moment I was not going to tell my doctor of the lump I thought I felt or the monthly pain I'd experienced; then I thought "it is breast cancer awareness month, why not?" and did. Lo and behold that was the best thing I could have done for myself.  So I guess I say all of this to say, I implore you as you read this to think of some health issue you've been neglecting or putting on the back burner for "tomorrow" or "another day", let that be tomorrow for sure and seek out the necessary assistance before it's too late and the damage is done.

On the bright side: I had my 1st chemotherapy treatment yesterday, I didn't know what to expect; but I prayed, meditated and tried my best to stay positive. It went better than I expected and today has been ideal. So far no discomfort and I am having a good day; no side effects or symptoms of something being wrong also drinking lots of fluids. I had a nap earlier and I am currently figuring out how to incorporate the gym into my weekly regimen, especially if I continue to feel this good after treatment so early in the week. I figure with the walk at the beach, a light work out at the gym and the necessary treatments I will remain active and should I shed some pounds I will be fit. 



Comments

  1. Very Motivating! I am moved and inspired by your words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

you'll be alright

Pink Skies